Tahini Chocolate Lava Cake
A decadent dark chocolate lava cake with a slight hint of tahini that will wow your guests, assuming there's any left after you've tried some.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter
- 4oz semi sweet chocolate chips 2 oz unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract until incorporated and set aside.
- In a double boiler, add the butter, chocolate chips and cocoa powder and stir until fully melted. Setthis aside until it reaches room temperature, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the beaten egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the chocolate-egg mixture and fold until everything is wellincorporated.
- Divide the batter carefully into the 3 Pigeon ceramic dishes, taking care to fill each one toapproximately two-thirds the height of the pan.
- Drizzle the tahini on top of the batter and fold the tahini into the batter using an offset spatula.
- Bake the 3 ceramic dishes at 350F. Remove the small dish at 10 minutes, the medium dish at 13minutes and the large dish at 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite ice cream.