Easy Pickled Watermelon Radishes
Looking for something tangy, healthy and colorful to add to your dishes? These watermelon radishes are just the thing!
- 3-4 medium sized watermelon radishes
- 2 Tbsp plus 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
- Wash and slice the radishes into 1/4 inch rounds. (Peeling is optional)
- Place the radishes in a large bowl and add 2 Tbsp of sugar and the salt to the radishes. Massage the radishes for 1 minute and set aside for 15 minutes.
- After the set amount of time, rinse the radishes thoroughly and pat them dry.
- Place the washed and dried radishes in a clean glass jar that has a tight fitting lid.
- Place 1 cup of warm water in a bowl and add the remaining sugar to the water. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the vinegar to the sugar water and stir well. Taste the pickling solution at this point. It should have the right balance of sweet and sour, based on your palate.
- Pour the pickling solution into the glass jar with the radishes. The solution should cover the radishes. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- The radishes are ready for eating within 2 hours of pickling.