Crunchy Cucumber Summer Salad
Looking for a little kick of spice to your summer salad? This chili oil dressing provides just the right amount of heat on those sweltering summer days.
For the Salad
- 4 Persian cucumbers, sliced paper thin ]
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Serrano chili, sliced
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 small Red onion, thinly sliced
- Black and white Sesame seeds for garnishing
For the Dressing
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbs[ rice wine vinegar
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil
- 2 tsp chili sesame oil
- In a large bowl, place all the salad components except the sesame seeds and dressing.
- Toss the contents until well incorporated.
- In a mason jar, add the dressing ingredients and shake the jar until well incorporated. Taste the dressing for balance and adjust as necessary.
- Pour a little of the dressing onto the salad at a time until well coated. If you have any salad dressing remaining, you can store that in the refrigerator for another use for up to 4 days.
- Sprinkle the well dressed salad with the sesame seeds.
- Serve salad cold.