Chilled Cucumber Yogurt Soup
Unsure of what to do when your herbs are getting a little out of control? This chilled yogurt soup is your answer!
- 3 cups regular yogurt (or 2 cups greek yogurt plus 1 cup water)
- 4 persian cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic chives (or 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- sliced jalapeños for garnishing
- sprinkle of Aleppo pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- squeeze of lemon
- In a food processor or blender combine the yogurt, water (if using), cucumbers, garlic chives, basil, mint, dill, salt and pepper. Process the ingredients until smooth. If you find the resulting soup too thick, add a splash or water to thin it out to the consistency you like. If it's too thin, add a bit more yogurt.
- Place the soup in a container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. It's best to allow the flavors to develop overnight in the refrigerator, however.
- Serve the soup chilled and garnish each bowl with sliced jalapeños, a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.