Cheddar Scallion Popovers
Looking for a brunch or main dish side that'll score high marks with your guests? These cheddar-scallion popovers are it!
- 300g milk (1.25 cups) at room temperature
- 150g eggs (3 eggs) at room temperature
- 150 g all-purpose flour (1.25 cups)
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (60g) shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup (40g) sliced scallions (approx 4)\
- cooking spray
- 4 tsp ghee
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place 4 large popover cups on a baking tray and place this in the oven to heat.
- Combine the milk, eggs, flour, Aleppo pepper, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Some lumps are alright.
- Gently add the cheese and scallions into the mix stir.
- Once the oven has reached 425F, remove the baking tray and coat each cup liberally with cooking spray.
- Working quickly, Add 1 tsp of ghee into each cup followed by the popover batter. The batter should fill to approximately 2/3 of each cup.
- Place the cups back into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350F and bake the popovers for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove these from the oven and carefully remove from each cup. To help prevent these from deflating, make a small incision with a knife on the side of the popover. Serve immediately.