Looking to elevate your standard breakfast smoothie with anti-inflammatory ingredients like ginger and turmeric? This breakfast lassi is such a great way to start your morning.
- 1 cup plain yogurt (if you use greek yogurt, increase the amount of liquid so you have a thick but pourable consistency)
- 3/4 cup liquid (this is traditionally whole milk, but you can use any nut milk of your choice). If you use greek yogurt or a thicker variety of yogurt, you can add up to about 1/4 cup extra of liquid to get the thick but pourable consistency of lassi.
- 1-1.5 cups of frozen fruit (I used a tropical mix of peaches, pineapple and mango)
- 3 dates
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 inch piece ginger
- seeds from 6 cardamom pods
- 6 whole black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender. If too thick, add additional liquid.
- Pour the blended lassi into 3 eight-oz glasses and garnish with a pinch of turmeric and a sprinkle of oats.